Download eBooks, eMusic, and eAudiobooks through San Jose Public Library website http://sjpl.org/collections
Research and learning from San Jose Public website
Health- Suc Khoe (control+click)
drkoop.com-(explanation for many symptoms and diseases)
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) (http://www.ninds.nih.gov)
YourSurgery.Com® -( http://www.yoursurgery.com/index.cfm). Learn more about surgery procedure.
San Jose Public Library Job webpage http://sjpl.org/employment
Jobs in California-(Viet lam trong California)
Weather- (Thoi tiet)
News in Vietnamese (Tin Tuc bang Tieng Viet)
- News in San Jose http://www.vietnamdaily.com/
Fun Vietnamese website (Nhung trang web vui)
Vietnamese Dictionary and Translation webpage
Vietnamese Writing Tool
http://easyvn.com/tiengviet/ -Put accents on Vietnamese text – Chuong trinh them dau cho Tieng Viet
VPS Fonts http://www.viet-nam.org/vnFonts.htm
Unicode Fonts in various languages http://www.godsdirectcontact.org/download/
http://www.irs.gov/; Click on FORMS for Federal Tax Forms (1040) http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/index.html?portlet=103
CA Tax https://www.ftb.ca.gov
Free Tax Help from AARP at http://www.aarp.org/applications/VMISLocator/searchTaxAideLocations.action and from VITA https://www.ftb.ca.gov/individuals/vita/search/index.aspx . Rat nhieu thu vien hien gio co giup khai thue.
More information on other subjects, go to Web search and metasearch engines-Tim hieu them nhung chu de khac thi den nhung cho nhu sau:
Online Resource for new Americans
Computer Class for English Learners at Tully Library
(Every 2nd Thursday 11-12 Noon at Tully Branch Library in Tech Center)
1. Tumblebook Library. Read along books online from http://www.sjpl.org/collections. Valid library card and PIN are needed if you would like to access it from home. Click on Tumblebooks under ePicturebooks for kids. For Tumblebook, Read-alongs or Storybooks are recommended for ESL Learners. At the drop-down menu use “Sort by Reading Level” to display easiest books to appear first.
2. Livemocha presented by Rosseta Stone Language Learning http://www.sjpl.org/research , Click on Livemocha link.
3. Mango Languages at http://www.sjpl.org/databasesname is also a great database from SJPL’s website to learn English. You will need an email to create a Mango account in addition to a valid library card and PIN. If you need help with an email account, see ESL Computer Tutor who will be available every Thursday morning.
4. Activities for ESL Students to learn Vocabulary and Grammar at http://a4esl.org
5. Learn English from playing games and doing activities at http://www.teflgames.com/games.html
6. Take ESL Quizzes at http://eslcafe.com
7. Games to learn English at http://Gamestolearnenglish.com
8. Learn English online at http://learn-english-online.org
9. Learn to read English, many children’s books that ESL adult learners can use http://Starfall.com
10. Learn English from reading books and doing online games & activities http://pbskids.org/lions
Additional information to newcomers of U.S
1. Citizenship Information: You will find N-400 form and instruction to apply for citizenship in addition to prepare for an interview. http://uscis.gov
2. Learn How to Type: lessons teaching you how to type and test how fast you can type at http://learn2type.com and http://powertyping.com
3. Searching for job? Don’t forget to use our online job assistance services http://sjpl.org/employment, see a librarian at Info Desk for more information how to use it.
4. Weather Forecast. Is it hot or cold? Is sunny, rainy, or snowy where you are planning your travel. Check http://weather.yahoo.com.